et a flow going. UP NEXTMississippi Val

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 07.06.2018 16:11
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ROME -- After five dominating years, Usain Bolt is showing signs of slowing down. The Jamaican lost by a hundredth of a second to American Justin Gatlin in the 100 metres Thursday night at the Golden Gala meet. Gatlin finished in 9.94 seconds. It was Bolts first significant loss since his false-start disqualification at the 2011 world championships in South Korea. But he also struggled in his first 100 this year, winning a photo finish in 10.09 in the Cayman Islands a month ago while dealing with a hamstring injury. This is normally the time Bolt starts to leave his rivals behind as he revs up for the years biggest event. This season, its the world championships in Moscow in August. However, the always cool Jamaican isnt worried. "For me it is just going through the season," said Bolt, the world-record holder and six-time Olympic champion. "Put things together for the world championships. The season is still very early." He did not blame the hamstring this time. "During the race I didnt feel it all," he said. "Afterwards it was sore but thats expected. But during the race it was fine." Gatlin, who has won all five of his 100-meter races this year and had been doing some pre-race trash talking, was restrained in his celebration, just clapping his hands rapidly. "This year I just want to be able to put together a better race, give him some competition when hes at his top form, to make it a more epic race," Gatlin said. "Hes a legend. Hes done great things and I just want to go out there and just fight to the end." Bolt briefly covered his face with his hands after the race, and then saluted the crowd. After things settled down, Bolt went over and shook Gatlins hand and congratulated him. "I came into this race trying to figure out where I was," Bolt added. "Now I just need to go back and watch the tape and see what went wrong and what I need to work on and compete better next time. ... The fact that I lost this race is a good thing." Bolt struggled in the first 50 metres despite his strong start. He started to gain ground on Gatlin near the finish but would have needed a bit more track to overtake him. "That was ridiculous -- a perfect start and then I just cropped off," Bolt said. "I think it was this perfect start that threw my game off. I have to do more strength work, I guess. I think it needs just some time to get it all back together. At the end it was just not me." In perfect conditions before a Stadio Olimpico crowd of 52,305, Bolt was second in 9.95 and Jimmy Vicaut of France third in 10.02. "At least I got under 10 seconds," Bolt said. "My legs did not feel the energy. At 50 metres I had some problems, but the rest of the race was not bad. "My fifth step I kind of stumbled a bit. The last 50 where I thought I would be much better I wasnt there, so I guess I just need to go home and figure out what I need to do and get it right, because normally my last 50 of the race is my best part. I need to put it together. I have enough time. Im not worried." Kim Collins, the 37-year-old from St. Kitts and Nevis, appeared to have a slight lead on Gatlin at the 50-meter mark, but he finished fifth in 10.07. Michael Rodgers of the United States was fourth in 10.04 "When you have someone like Kim in the race hes going to dominate the first 50 metres. You cant get flustered by it. You got to stay in your race pattern," Gatlin said. "The end of the race was more of a blur. I just made sure I kept putting my feet down and that was really what mattered to me." Bolt also was beaten by Tyson Gay in August 2010 in Stockholm. "I dont keep count of how many people have beaten Bolt. But I can say its an honour to be able to race against him," Gatlin said. "Hes been an inspiration for the sport. Hes brought so much to the sport that it has never had before, so hes inspired me to be a better runner and a better entertainer for the fans." This was Gatlins third Diamond League win in the 100 this year. He ran 9.97 seconds in Doha, Qatar, and a wind-aided 9.88 in Eugene, Oregon, last weekend. The wind this time was well within the limit. Gatlin took bronze at last years London Olympics to cap his comeback from a four-year doping ban, having won the 100 at the 2004 Athens Games. "Last year I was a really great starter," Gatlin said. "This year Ive been working on my conditioning, trying to get my start back and make sure the middle of my race is stronger. Each race is important." Bolt will next run the 200 at the next Diamond League meet in Oslo, Norway, next week before he returns home for the Jamaican championships. Gatlin has the U.S. trials this month. In other events, Russians Anna Chicherova and Svetlana Shkolina -- the Olympic gold and bronze medallists , respectively -- shared the high jump victory at 6 feet, 6 inches. Two-time world champion Blanka Vlasic took third in her second meeting since returning from a 16-month ankle injury layoff. Vlasic cleared 6-4 3/4 on her third attempt, improving on her winning 6-4 1/4 in New York last month. There was a surprise in the womens 200 as Olympic champion Allyson Felix was soundly beaten by Murielle Ahoure of Ivory Coast. Ahoure finished in 22.36, while Felix never really threatened and crossed second in 22.64. In the womens 400, world champion Amantle Montsho of Botswana finished in 49.87 for the best time this year, extending her winning streak in the single lap to five races. Bernie Federko Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. Dmitrij Jaskin Jersey . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. http://www.bluesjerseyscheap.com/?tag=wayne-gretzky-jersey . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Chris Thorburn Jersey . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. Pavol Demitra Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. WACO, Texas -- Baylor coach Kim Mulkey never paid attention to the scoreboard. That was never going to be a concern for her second-ranked team against an overmatched opponent.Instead, the Lady Bears worked on improving themselves three days after their loss at third-ranked UConn.Beatrice Mompremier had 11 points and 15 rebounds while playing only 15 minutes and Baylor overwhelmed Mississippi Valley State 101-36 on Sunday, when the Lady Bears worked on conditioning by pressing throughout the game and got to play against a zone defense like they will see throughout the season.Its very obvious that there are going to be games in non-conference that were going to be better than. But youve got to get better, Mulkey said. Were coming off of a very hard loss to swallow after watching the film for three hours against UConn, and just saw glaring things that we control and weve got to get better. Youve got to come into this game and never look at the scoreboard.The Lady Bears (3-1) scored the first seven points in the game and had a 17-point lead by the end of the first quarter. They were up 49-19 at halftime.Nina Davis scored 15 points for the Lady Bears, and the preseason AP All-American became only the sixth Baylor player to surpass 2,000 career points. The senior forward now has 2,001.Its definitely a blessing, of course, but it doesnt really mean much if I dont win a championship this year or we dont get to the Final Four, said Davis, whose first three seasons have all ended in the Elite Eight. Its a great milestone, but I want more.Alexis Prince added 11 points for Baylor and freshmen Natalie Chou and Juicy Landrum each had 10. Kalani Brown had 12 rebounds.Lauren Elliot had 11 points to lead Mississippi Valley State (1-2), which had 28 turnovers that led to 35 Baylor points.Going from midway into the third and the entire fourth quarter, all my upperclassmen fouled out, Deviletttes coach Jessica Kern said.dddddddddddd So, I had five freshmen on the floor, and Im biting every nail I had left. Please get it over halfcourt.BIG PICTUREMiss. Valley St.: Already overmatched, Valley had two of its starters foul out of the game. The Devilettes shot only 24 percent from the field (14 of 58) and were only 1 of 12 on 3-pointers.Baylor: Three days after the 72-61 loss at UConn, the Lady Bears had the expected lopsided victory and won their 44th consecutive home game. Playing the first of five games in an eight-day stretch, nobody played more than 22 minutes and 12 of the 13 players who got in the game scored.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Lady Bears likely will drop at least one spot in the new poll Monday, since UConn was just behind them in the last Top 25.EXTENDED STREAKSBaylor won its 170th consecutive home games against non-ranked opponents since losing to Auburn in the WNIT final in Waco on April 4, 2003, and 155th straight home game vs. non-conference opponents in that same span. The Lady Bears have won their last 44 home games overall.MOTIVATED NINADavis was held scoreless against UConn, the only game she has ever played for Baylor without a point. I was very motivated, but its really not about me. Its about the overall team, Davis said. UConn loss, it was a tough one to swallow, but we cant think about the past. ... So, we just wanted to come out today and play more aggressive, play with more energy and just help everybody get a flow going. UP NEXTMississippi Valley State started a five-game road trip, but have a few days before playing Friday at Northwestern State in Louisiana.Baylor is home again Tuesday against Southeastern Louisiana, and then heads to Florida to play three straight days in the Gulf Coast Showcase next weekend. China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.