nsemen Jonas Brodin and Matt Dumba, the Wild

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 06.06.2018 15:41
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Wes Lunts 2013 decision to transfer to Illinois from Oklahoma State was just the kind of news an Illini team coming off a two-win season needed.The strong-armed Illinois native had led his high school to two state titles before heading south and becoming the first freshman to start as the Cowboys quarterback in decades.Three years later, Lunts Illini career has included about as many wins as losses, multiple games lost to injury, two head coaches fired in a swirl of turmoil that had nothing to do with the senior quarterback, and a single bowl game appearance. That is far short of what Lunt had in mind when he came home and leaves a lot undone as he starts his final season at Illinois.You know, I had high expectations coming in, just wanted to make a bowl game every year, Lunt said. And not having that last year is the biggest thing.But Lunt has the faith of his latest coach, Lovie Smith. And Lunt is still very much on the radars of NFL teams.I think he may be one of the most undervalued players in the country this year, said Gil Brandt, the longtime NFL talent guru who ranks him among the top three quarterbacks in the Big Ten. I think the guy can be just as good as (Iowa quarterback) C.J. Beathard. I think that a lot of (scouts) will be finding their way down to Champaign.In a sport often characterized by loud intensity and playing a position where ego and even brash self-confidence are prized, Lunt said his football demeanor has been defined by calm at least since he was in high school in Rochester, a small town just east of Springfield.There, he caught himself yelling on the field at a friend and teammate -- nothing particularly bad, just the players name. But Lunt says that was enough.I was like, `Man, I should not have done that, he said. I do yell, and I think theres a time and place to do it. You know, I dont like to be seen doing it and look like a lunatic or all crazy.His calm has helped at Illinois, where little has gone as planned the past few years.Lunt spent a season the bench after his transfer. The following year, as he had at Oklahoma State, he lost his job after an injury. That was 2014, when Reilly OToole replaced Lunt and led the Illini to a bowl game.Last season, Lunt was again healthy. But what happened off the field was anything but. The head coach, Tim Beckman, was fired a week before the opening game amid allegations of player mistreatment. And his replacement, Bill Cubit, was fired in March to make way for Smith.Hes been through a lot, Smith said of Lunt. Think about playing for four head coaches. He can adjust. We like him being in charge.Smith has made a point of saying hes watched very little film of last seasons Illini. Given the circumstances, he wanted to give players a chance to prove themselves outside of that turmoil.But Smith says he has watched film from Illinois 14-13 comeback win over Nebraska, with Lunt in mind.I saw enough on Wes, really, right there, Smith said.Lunt engineered a pair of fourth-quarter touchdown drives and the Illini were, for a moment, 1-0 in the Big Ten.But Illinois lost six of its next seven. That left Lunt a clear-cut goal for this season, he said. Get to a bowl game.Hell be trying to get there in a new offense that Smith says will lean on the run and with no proven go-to receivers on the roster. But the offense will be closer to the pro-style offenses that Brandt and others think Lunt might someday lead than Illinois has been running.Just where Lunt will be a few years out, whether hell see his name on an NFL roster, the quarterback isnt sure.I dont know, he said. I think a lot of it kind of depends on this year.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP Pascal Siakam Jersey . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Delon Wright Jersey . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. http://www.shopraptors.com/Cheap-Cj-Miles-Raptors-Jersey/ . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Custom Toronto Raptors Jerseys . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Malachi Richardson Jersey . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. MINNESOTA WILDLAST SEASON: 38-33-11, 87 points. Finished fifth in Central Division. Lost to Dallas Stars in Western Conference quarterfinals.COACH: Bruce Boudreau (first season, 10th NHL season).ADDED: C Marc Staal, RW Chris Stewart.LOST: LW Thomas Vanek, RW Justin Fontaine, LW Chris Porter, C Jarret Stoll, RW David Jones.PLAYER TO WATCH: Mikael Granlund. The ninth pick in the 2010 draft, a cult hero in his native Finland, hasnt matched the hype with offensive production over his first four NHL seasons. But he has proved to be a hard-nosed defensive player and, playing all 82 games for the first time, posted a career-best 13 goals and 44 points last season. Granlund, who has been playing lleft wing on a line centered by captain and fellow Finn Mikko Koivu, is poised for a breakout in Boudreaus system.ddddddddddddOUTLOOK: With Granlund and fellow forwards Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter, Erik Haula and Jason Zucker, plus defensemen Jonas Brodin and Matt Dumba, the Wild have a young core. Koivu, Staal, Zach Parise, Jason Pominville and defenseman Ryan Suter will all be 32 or older this season, so the time is now to make a move past the early rounds of the playoffs where theyve been stuck the last four years. Its up to Boudreau to guide them there. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.